Sunday, October 8, 2017

AoA at 12th Night


Twelfth Night! eventually I'll go... but for now sending scrolls will have to do. ;)

This is an AoA in the French style, taken from Royal MS 10 E IV, f 6v - honestly, I chose this because there's a dog. I don't know if the recipient has a dog, but it was too cute of a scene to pass up. Plus, she's a cook, and the woman in the scene had an apron :)

I'm getting better with my white work (thank you Eva and Nataliia!) and while I'm not 100% happy with my calligraphy here, I know what I did wrong and have worked on it since. (spacing. I'm rubbish at spacing.) I'm also better with my color matching here, something that I have to work at more.

Shell gold again here.  I like it a little better, but in these you often have texture in the gold so it's seems to fit better. (I'm pretty sure I erased the lines before I sent it out.)

No comments:

Post a Comment