Sunday, October 8, 2017

We have our bearings, Captain.

I have been slowly working on the directives I gave myself a while back, or the one that is - to present more period work.

Having participated in some (but sadly not all) of the A&S events I set myself over the last year, it occurs to me that I really haven't been giving scribal the time it deserves. I'm changing that today.

As of today, the first full day of the newest Reign in the East Kingdom, I am committing myself to completing more assignments. Not just Kingdom assignments, but personal assignments too. I finished painting a piece that I started doodling at Pennsic recently. It occurred to me that I have a LOT of those sitting around - sketches I started but didn't finish, layouts half done and sitting in my scriptorium, just general stuff that I've printed out or bookmarked to "to do later"... yeah. too much.

So, I'm working on my A&S presentation book. I'm creating more works that will not go to a recipient, but will instead go into my book to show as the opportunity presents.

Here's the piece I was doodling at Pennsic and painted just a few days ago. 

--
Mistress Eva looked this piece over, and my color matching still needs work. This is, however, closer than I've gotten in the past and while I'm tempted to scrap this and start over, I'm not going to. I am happy with how it looks and it is relatively close to the original. This will go in my A&S displays in the future, with a discussion on how my color matching is improving.

No comments:

Post a Comment